Status Creative Specialise in Brand Awareness
We recently caught up with Rob Bliss the 23 year old creative force behind Status CreativeÂ (@CreativeStatus). Rob uses social media to drive national exposure and unheard-of brand awareness growth for clients. Well, that’s what his website claims, so lets hear from the man himself.
Q1: Tell us about yourself and Status Creative.
I head up the creative department of Status Creative. Status Creative is a brand awareness firm. We get attention for clients by producing content highly relevant to national conversations, extraordinary creative, and close media contacts.
I previously created the Grand Rapids LipDub Video (over 4 million views):
Recently we did a promotional project for March Madness:
It had the following reception:
- The Today Show:Â http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/46744597#46744597
- Huffington Post:Â http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/15/basketball-shot-from-helicopter_n_1347411.html
- Daily Mail:Â http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2115745/Forget-March-Madness-man-shoots-basketball-HELICOPTER-video.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
- Fox News:Â http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/03/16/dudes-helicopter-ball-rim-need-say-more/
- CNN Interview:Â http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#/video/bestoftv/2012/03/16/moos-basketball-shot.cnn
- CBS:Â http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50121837n
- USA Today:Â http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/03/video-shot-from-a-helicopter-is-nothing-but-net/1#.T2nWSBGPVbx
Q2: Describe a typical day at Status Creative
Half is predicting what the national conversation will be in a months time and how to create something fantastic for cheap that can get viral marketing attention. The other half is actually making it happen.
Q3: Describe the marketing/advertising agency of the future
Below average creative isn’t going to cut it anymore. Social media has given a giant megaphone to the people, and brands can’t get away with what they once did. On the other hand, those who give the crazy copywriter’s idea a chance could see a big payoff from a receptive public that carries the message for them. Personally I think we’re about to enter a second golden age in advertising for this very reason.
Q4: What are your 3 favourite brand campaigns of all time?
1. Â VW’s Think Small (too easy I know)
2. Honda’s Cog
3. Lately I likeÂ Get Up Australia’s It’s time
Q5: Which Mad Men character do you most resemble and why?
I can only hope for Peggy’s intelligence and Ken Cosgrove’s infinite swag.